Tuesday, August 24, 2010

day 1.

today is the day i put my foot down and stop shopping.  it's so hard.  nyc is a shopper and clothing addict's playground. just walking home from work; the options are endless. jcrew. ann taylor. bloomingdales. but, i'm going to stop. i've had enough. i'm 29 years old and this is humiliating. i should know better, i really should.  consider today the first day of the rest of my life. my debt is disgusting; probably 13k right now. i can't bring myself to add it all up right now.  but, i can do this. i know i can. i'm smart, successful, and most of all, AWARE.  writing here will be my diary; my place to document my progress.  therapy is too expensive.  this is my therapy.

today is the first day of the rest of my debt free life. it took everything in me, but instead of going shopping, i got on the bus and took myself home. it felt good.  i feel like i accomplished something.  tomorrow is day 2.  i know i can keep this going.  i have to.  and most of all, i have plenty of clothes to last me a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment