Wednesday, August 25, 2010

what i can live without, what i can't.

i read somewhere when you're cutting back on things, you shouldn't let yourself go.  so, the things i will not give up are as follows: eye brow tweezing, lip threading, manicures and pedicures (i'll go less frequently) and haircuts.  my job is a blessing and a curse.  b/c i come across very famous people quite a bit, i can't look like a hot mess everyday.  i will, however, no longer purchase $20 bottles of nail polish, cut back on expensive shampoo and last but not least, NO MORE LIP GLOSS!  i seriously must have 15 different lip glosses.  and these aren't cover girl, either.  we're talking every color bobbi brown has made, and countless chanel lip glosses.

also: i will not set foot into a victoria's secret.  i must have about 12 black bras and about 7 or 8 nude colored ones, and a few patterned ones too.  i could likely go a month w/o washing a single bra.  and underwear?  no more.  i have about 12 pairs of hanky pankys.  those bad boys are $18-22 per pair. for a lace thong. and i have no boyfriend.  my underwear drawers are an exploding victoria's secret showroom.

another thing i can't live without? my apartment. it makes me happy. i like my block, it's super quiet, and it's just me. i can watch whatever crappy tv shows i want without being mocked, and stay inside for a full 24 hour day and not feel like anyone is judging me for not getting out of pjs or brushing my teeth.

one thing i'll keep: about a month ago at nordstrom rack, i came across the most perfect pair of black boots.  i felt weird buying boots in july, and almost didn't get them.  i've been contemplating returning them, but i've decided to keep them.  they're exactly what i've been looking for, winter after winter. so that's my last present to myself.

here they are...
how'd i do today? not bad. got right on the subway instead of going outside to be tempted by stores. that's half the battle.  i also had a horrible, stressful day at work. my first thought was to go to bloomingdales, but i forced myself not to.  another small victory!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! I would keep the boots too! Those are beyond fabulous! Good for you for setting your limits. That is a first step to realize what you have and what you really need! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) i can't part w/ them....i feel like i SHOULD return them, but then what? in november i'll buy a pair just as expensive (or more $$)? this whole blogging thing is fun! i actually look forward to it! and it's super easy to post pics, etc..much easier than i thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Good job! I think setting the limits will help you out. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete